Problem with 2nd Tourney Scenario

This is the place where to offer your thoughts on and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Or just talk about the games.
Mark Nelms

Problem with 2nd Tourney Scenario

Post by Mark Nelms » 18 Dec 2020 15:41

If you lose Aspern and fall back to Essling you will look and see those lovely 18lbs batteries at 36,59 that cover all that lovely plain that the Austrians will have to cross on the lower ground to approach Essling. However these are two 8 gun batteries which makes them overstacked with the PDT's of the last update and they won't fire in that stacked. They are fixed so you can't unstack them so they will sit back and eat croissants and wave at the Austrians as they march by. There are other batteries that can fire but these are the two big ones. Sent a note to JTS support so I figure some day we'll see a patch but it doesn't help now.
TWS Member Since 30 Aug 2020

Jacopo Lorenzini

Re: Problem with 2nd Tourney Scenario

Post by Jacopo Lorenzini » 19 Dec 2020 18:12

You might try to get them in extended mode, but I do not remember if there's an empty adjacent hex or not... In my game the Austrian player got less than 9 hexes away from them, unfixing both batteries.
TWS Member Since 15 May 2020

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » 20 Dec 2020 02:08

I tried that in Version 1.11 and it didn't work as you could not extend a battery unless it had a minimum of 10 Guns.

Apparently, they revised the PDT values in Version 1.12 and it does work. You can extend a battery of only 8 Guns now.

Mark N, that is your solution.

Mark Nelms

Post by Mark Nelms » 23 Dec 2020 19:55

I can confirm that it works as I just did it. Nice to have the batteries even though they aren't quite as strong there is at least twice as many.
TWS Member Since 30 Aug 2020

William Reaves

Post by William Reaves » 24 Dec 2020 23:12

I just finished the scenario with a French Major Victory (Vive la France!) and I noticed during the later turns in the game that both batteries surprisingly became "unfixed" without any input from me, and the Austrians never approached within 15 hexes of the batteries. I just considered the overstacked batteries as an example of the chaos of war, and initially thought of them as "hors de combat" and formulated my strategy without them. When they became available, it was an extra bonus.
TWS Member Since 30 December 2014
Leader of Tirailleurs et Dragons Battle Brigade