Day 1

Post your thoughts and advice for the Civil War games here.
Scott Clawson

Day 1

Post by Scott Clawson » 01 Jul 2020 11:33

Day 1 of Gettysburg. Least we forget!

Scott Clawson

Re: Day 2

Post by Scott Clawson » 02 Jul 2020 13:38

The Hills & Fields,

Battles of Culps Hill, and the Tops Big and Little. The wheat field and the Peach Orchard. Rose farm and so many others.

Scott Clawson

Re: Day 3

Post by Scott Clawson » 03 Jul 2020 12:33

Of course the Grand Charge but let us not forget the other smaller fights. Brinkerhoff's Ridge and the Eastern Cavalry fields.

Sadder still is the hospitals for both side who tried to save and relieve the suffering of the wounded and dying.

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.

Abraham Lincoln

Scott Reed

Re: Day 1

Post by Scott Reed » 03 Jul 2020 12:56

Visited there once. Town is cool because it seems to revolve around the battlefield. My experience at Gettysburg: Drove in just before dark so I could get a mini preview of what my full day on the field would look like. Spent the night at a small hotel, the closest I could get to the battlefield. I kept waking up during the night feeling like someone was in the room with me....Walked across the road onto the field before sunrise...spooky fog and mist shrouding the monuments as the sun starts to rise. A day I will never forget. hard to describe, maybe others have had similar experiences?
TWS Member Since 24 March 2015

Jason Campbell

Re: Day 1

Post by Jason Campbell » 18 Sep 2020 16:50

A little late on this convo.Yes, sir. Ive never experienced the felling of someone watching me but being on the battlefield by yourself in the early morning hours or the hours before it closes is a little daunting. You don't purposely do it, but its a feeling of awe and a sense of the overwhelming carnage that happened there that comes over you.
TWS Member Since 10 September 2020