Campaign Eylau-Friedland

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Mark Jones

Campaign Eylau-Friedland

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Here is an update on the status of the CEF Title per Bill Peters on July 4th:

1. All scenarios for the main folder are almost all done. The "core" scenarios are done - all that is left is to add in Bonus, Campaign as well as 15 minute versions of the longer scenarios. Playtesting is still going on - we are still needing to do more playtesting of the Battle of Eylau, which most certainly will be the most popular battle of the title.

2. The Scenario and Campaign lists are almost done. The Campaign is finished. I have created "segment" campaigns in case the players want to just play a part of the campaign.

3. The artwork is in progress: the Units.bmp "heads" images are almost all finished. Joe and Mark move on to work on the game screens and 3D artwork next.

4. The Leaders image coding for the OBs is finished. Leaders spreadsheet is done and a leaders review scenario is completed.

5. The OB view scenarios are almost all done. I have to finalize the Cavalry OB and build a Bonus scenario for that and as well as the OB view scenario too.

6. The maps are almost all done. One very large map is being updated and likely will remain "in progress" for many months as it needs a lot of work. I inherited a lot of maps from the last group but they were very "generic" in part and some of them were just not used at all.

7. The OBs are almost finished with the exception of updates to them as we playtest the games. All coding for images is done. I have to make another tour of them to check for some things but its all minor at this point.

I am sure that many of you, as am I, are looking forward to the release of this title that will fill a notable hole in the chronological series of JTS wargames covering the Napoleonic Wars.

Aloysius Kling Sr

Re: Campaign Eylau-Friedland

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

This is the game I have been wanting to see for a long time.... I am looking forward to its completion

Battle On...

Al

John Sheffield

Post by John Sheffield » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm

This one should be good.....no this one WILL be good. I'm also looking forward to it.

Otto Schmidt

Post by Otto Schmidt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm

When should the game release?
Greetings,
O.Schmidt
(HaPe)
-------------------------------

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 pm

My guess would be that the release is still several months away.

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:14 am

As one of Bill Peters' play testers, I can confirm Mark's estimation above of a release in many months. There is still a lot of play testing to be done, especially on the solo scenarios. The quality of the research is impressive and this will be a very popular title, well worth waiting for.

Otto Schmidt

Post by Otto Schmidt » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm

I think the game is not supposed to be released this year! (I hope 03/19)
Greetings,
O.Schmidt
(HaPe)
-------------------------------