Fixed Units That Did Not Release

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Diego Mateos

Fixed Units That Did Not Release

Post by Diego Mateos » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 am

Greetings to all,
I am playing a Peninsular War scenario with a friend in mode PBEM in concrete 136 the battle of "Medina de Rioseco". I am playing with the unfortunates Spanish that by the way, they didn't have their best day.... :roll:
The question is at 11:00 there are some units to release, nevertheless at 11:15 the units remain fixed
I don't have many games played and until now it had never happened to me.
Is it a bug in the scenario or there is an additional condition for them to be released, for example there must see French units?
Thanks for your support and sorry with my English.
Regards

Mark Jones

Re: Fixed units that not released

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Diego, el escenario está realmente funcionando como debiera. La orden de liberación que usted ve tuvo sólo un 65% de probabilidades de ocurrir a las 11:00 AM. El orden de liberación tendrá un 65% de probabilidades de ocurrir cada turno hasta que se ejecute.

Diego, the scenario is actually working as it should. The release order that you see had only a 65% chance of occurring at 11:00 AM. The release order will have a 65% chance of occurring each turn until it is executed.

William Reaves

Re: Fixed Units That Did Not Release

Post by William Reaves » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Diego,

I had the same thing happen in a different game. It was very disappointing since the fixed units was a major part of my strategy. You can try contacting JTS Customer support: http://johntillersoftware.com/Support.php They are usually very helpful.

All the best,

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Diego, no hay necesidad de ponerse en contacto con el apoyo de JTS. Tenías un 65% de probabilidades de que la unidad se liberara. Sólo que no tuviste suerte el último turno. Usted tendrá un 65% de probabilidades de que la unidad libere cada giro hasta que realmente se libere.

Diego, there is no need to contact JTS Support on this. You had a 65% chance that the unit would release. You just didn't get lucky last turn. You will have a 65% chance of the unit releasing each turn until it actually does release.

Diego Mateos

Post by Diego Mateos » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:30 am

Hi,
I understand it now and it has all the logic because the scenario's design pretend to reflect the indecision of Spanish army. I did not know that feature of the game.
I hope to release them soon because I see the game very tough :lol:
Regards

William Reaves

Post by William Reaves » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:43 am

Gentlemen,

In my case, the fixed units never released; they were still fixed on the last turn of the game. Any ideas?

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:53 pm

In your case, Bill, you do need to let JTS support know of the issue. Yours is a flaw in the game design which the game designer can easily correct. The game designer needs to make the correction and include it in the next update for the game in question. If you need the bug fixed sooner, I can also make the correction, it just won't be universally distributed. There is not actually much I cannot fix in these games, with the exception of those items that JTS reserves exclusively for themselves, such as the game engine itself.