New to PBEM; Need an Opponent (Closed)

Find an opponent here!
Derek Squires

New to PBEM; Need an Opponent (Closed)

Post by Derek Squires » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 pm

I have just joined the group. Looking to play as the union. I own John Tillers Battleground series through matrix games, and Overland Franklin Atlanta and Gettysburg through JTS.

Mark Jones

Re: New to PBEM; Need an Opponent

Post by Mark Jones » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:06 am

Welcome to the Union Army, Lt. Squires. Are you looking to play something one on one, or for a multiplayer game?

Derek Squires

Post by Derek Squires » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:27 am

Does not matter to me. I just want to play. But I have no idea how a multiplayer game works. I would need a little coaching.

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:36 pm

A multi-player game is simply a game of more than one player per side, typically two versus two. You would divide the forces with your partner, then work together to win the game against the other MP team. You would perform your part of the move, and then send the unadvanced file to your partner. He would move his units, and then advance the file to send to the opposing MP team. The advantage to MP play is that you can discuss strategy with your partner as the game progresses. It provides a good platform for an experienced player to train a new player who is interested in learning. MP games can be used for mentorship.

I will see what I can do to help you find a Confederate opponent when I get back home later tonight.

Derek Squires

Post by Derek Squires » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:54 pm

That sounds pretty easy. Kind of like wing commanders. If we anyone is interested in a multiplayer game you can count me in. I am ready to whip some secesh.

Cris Manka

Post by Cris Manka » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 am

I am willing to work with you sir. Big or small lets talk it out. Let me know your favorites as I like them all. I can do as many turns a week as works for you.

Neil Thomas

Post by Neil Thomas » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am

Derek
I am a Cnfedrate Officer willing to give you a game or join in a MPG. You can contact me at neilsherriff1@gmail.com
Regards

Mark Jones

Post by Mark Jones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Derek:

If no other Blue Belly Officer steps forward, and if you want to play a multi-player game, I will partner with you against the two, Southern gentlemen who have so bravely stepped forward here.

Derek Squires

Post by Derek Squires » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Chris, you can email me directly if you wish. Dereksquires@comcast.net. I would love to play against you.