WWII War Hero Died Tonight

This is a forum for general topics and discussions that are not specifically related to a particular military age.
Aloysius Kling Sr

WWII War Hero Died Tonight

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:24 am

A 94 year old War II hero died tonight.. he never talked about the horrors of the war he fought in... As I kid and for most of my life he only told stories about the fun and crazy things he did or was part of... It was only a few years ago he told my son and I about on one day of the ruthlessness in the war...

After the war he came home, married and raised a family... He may not of been perfect but for sure he was a good man, husband and father... and later a good grandfather and very lucky to have known his 10 great grandchildren... Leaving all with good memories... There can be no better legacy!

Mark Jones

Re: WWII War Hero Died Tonight

Post by Mark Jones » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 pm

I am very saddened to hear the news of the passing of your father, Al. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Although I never had the opportunity to meet him, your father was a hero to me as well, for his service to our country in WW2, but mostly because he gave us you.

Wishing you peace and healing, my friend. I will always be right here when you need me.

Bill Cann

Post by Bill Cann » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Al.
Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your father. I hope that your family's grief will be softened by the many fond memories of loving interactions with your Dad and the pride in his service for his country. Take care, Bill.

William Reaves

Post by William Reaves » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:58 pm

What a wonderful life! He made the world a better place for us all. It is an honor to join you in this sad but proud moment.

Best wishes,

Bill

Colin Knox

Post by Colin Knox » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Al my sincere condolences. I lost my Mum in May so I understand your feelings as mine are fresh also. All the best.
2nd Lieutenant Colin Knox
50th Virginia Infantry

Ed Blackburn

Post by Ed Blackburn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Al, I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I thank him for his service during WW2. I am glad he was able to be able with you and your family for a long time.

Michael Arrett

Post by Michael Arrett » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Al,

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing. It sounds like he lived a long and remarkable life. You have my sympathies for the loss you, and your family, are experiencing.

Regards,

Michael Arrett

Josemi Esteban

Post by Josemi Esteban » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:34 am

My most sincere condolences, Al. You and your family have my sympathies in this hard moment.

Mark van Hattem

Post by Mark van Hattem » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Al,
Sorry to hear of your great loss.
Cherish the memory and be proud of it - it will be the best way to honour him, and he certainly deserves it. So do we: by remembering and honouring our fathers and mothers, with all their fine and less fine traits, we give our own lives and that of our children meaning in this world.

Regards
Mark

Roy Purcell

Post by Roy Purcell » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 am

Al,
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my deepest condolences at this very difficult time. You and your family will be in my prayers.
I sincerely hope that over time all of the wonderful memories of the past will help to ease the pain of your loss.

Roy