Seven Years War - The Battle of Hochkirch

This is the place where to offer your thoughts and find answers to issues concerning the Napoleonic Wars.
Aloysius Kling Sr

Seven Years War - The Battle of Hochkirch

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Greetings,

Hans Bentien and I are engaged in battle... This game plays different in many ways compared to a Napoleonic... We are in turn 4 of 28 turns in this scenario...

Cavalry is not nearly as a powerful weapon as the cavalry in the Napoleonic games... I also noticed that cavalry attacks even with 4 or 5 to 1 odds losses were heavy and I still have not figured out how to re-attach detached units... Detached cannot melee...

It is also important to note that when 3 Austrian infantry regiments open fire on one single 100 man cavalry unit they will wipe it out...

Dragoons.. I discovered when changing from mounted to dismounted line mode they will rout or disrupt in on the line next to an enemy unit... But you can ride back one hex, turn and then dismount... Move forward and fire away... So far that has worked for me...

Quick note: We are including the Seven Years War as part of our Napoleonic Era at the Wargaming Society...

That's all for today,

Battle On...